Hearing Assessment Center, LLC’s Lutherville, MD Office
Call Us Now
Call or text us now at 410-429-8699 or send in the form and get your questions answered.
1447 York Rd, Suite 312
Lutherville, MD 21093
Call or text: 410-429-8699
Monday – Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm
Schedule an appointment with our qualified Lutherville, MD audiologists for your hearing loss, hearing aids, or a hearing test.
Discover what we’ve accomplished for so many others in Lutherville, MD who were experiencing hearing loss. We can help you, too.
Hearing loss can feel isolating. But it doesn’t have to be that way. At our Lutherville, MD, location we’re more than just hearing aids. We can help you identify the cause of your hearing loss through hearing tests and a hearing health evaluation to determine what treatment options will work best for you.
Meet Our Team
Rory Cernik, Au.D.
CEO/President, Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Rory D. Cernik is our Director of Clinical Services at the Hearing Assessment Center. He has received extensive training from some of the brightest minds in audiology.Read more
Upon graduating audiology school, Dr. Cernik received his foundational training from Drs. Jim McDonald and Steve Seipp. “I was fortunate to be around Drs. McDonald and Seipp. I hope I can inspire young audiologist as they inspired me.” – Dr. Cernik
Often, patients will drive quite a few hours to spend time with Dr. Cernik. His passion is to properly educate his patients and rehabilitate the cognitive aspects of their hearing loss. He also practices general audiology. Dr. Cernik is currently seeing patients in our Lutherville location.
Expertise and Experiences
- Created Hearing Assessment Center, LLC in Maryland and Virginia, a multi-location, multi-audiologist private practice that SERVES patients in Baltimore and surrounding areas
- His practice specializes in: the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, the brain’s auditory processing capability, tinnitus origins, and assessment of your cognitive load (meaning how hard your brain works to separate speech from background noise)
- Mentoring and training of doctoral students from local universities
- Interviewed on WBAL and WCBM; weekly Baltimore Hears You segments
- TV commercial, WBAL
- Mentored by world renowned tinnitus researchers and continually is recognized nationally by his peers
- Specializes in industrial audiology and worker’s compensation claims. He has examined hundreds of local fireman and police officers
- He has seen and impacted over 5000 lives in our community
- Specializes in pain free cerumen (ear wax) removal and maintenance
Donald A. Guillen, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Donald A. Guillen currently serves as Director of Clinical Services. He received his clinical doctorate from Towson University and completed his clinical fellowship at the Hearing Assessment Center and has remained with the practice since 2015.Read more
During his doctoral studies, he conducted extensive research where his primary focus was on investigating the impact of degraded listening conditions, such as background noise and reverberation, on cochlear filtering and auditory brainstem encoding in both normal and hearing-impaired individuals. His research inquiries were centered on uncovering the reasons behind the challenges faced by hearing-impaired individuals in understanding speech within noisy environments, a topic of paramount importance in his clinical practice
Dr. Guillen’s profound understanding of this research has proven invaluable in his clinical practice, where he provides comprehensive treatment for individuals with hearing impairments. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Guillen is deeply committed to raising awareness about the consequences of untreated hearing loss. He serves as a Community Ambassador, actively engaging with the community by giving talks and conducting hearing screenings at senior centers, local military retiree centers, hunting clubs, and various other local organizations. His involvement extends to assisting the international community through his contributions to the St. Clare Medical Outreach program, which aims to reduce healthcare disparities between the uninsured and the general population. Dr. Guillen has displayed a strong dedication to serving local veterans and has taken on a leadership role in this regard.
Furthermore, Dr. Guillen has played a pivotal role in shaping the future of audiology by taking on the responsibility of training students from many local and national universities. He actively guides and supports these students in their pursuit of audiological knowledge and expertise, sharing his wealth of experience and fostering their growth in the field.
In his spare time, Dr. Guillen enjoys playing the saxophone, traveling, and exploring new cultures and foods with his wife and two daughters.
Expertise and Experiences
- Dr. Guillen possesses specialized expertise in cerumen (ear wax) removal, employing only non-abrasive methods to ensure a comfortable and pain-free experience for his patients.
- He specializes in industrial audiology and worker’s compensation claims, having worked closely with numerous firefighters and police officers in the area, delivering rehabilitative treatment to support their auditory health. He along with his team have served well over 500 local active and retired first responders.
- Dr. Guillen’s professional interests and areas of expertise encompass tinnitus evaluation, tinnitus retraining therapy, the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, cognitive/neural hearing deficits, healthy aging, forensic audiology, and patient education. His multifaceted knowledge allows him to provide comprehensive care tailored to each patient’s unique needs.
Karson Marvel, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Karson Marvel is one of the audiologists who practices in our
Lutherville office. She also sees the residents of Broadmead Retirement Community to provide superior and convenient hearing healthcare.
Dr. Marvel earned her doctorate at Towson University and completed her fourth year externship under Dr. Rory Cernik. She is American Board of Audiology Certified (ABAC) and a fellow of the American Academy of
Dr. Marvel is passionate about welcoming patients into the practice as she establishes relationships with patients. She accomplishes this by listening and educating patients about hearing health care, communication strategies, and appropriate treatment options. During Dr. Marvel’s graduate studies, she completed extensive research on auditory processing abilities in adults. She eagerly assists patients to achieve improved communication with their loved ones.
When not in the office, Dr. Marvel enjoys spending time with her family and friends, hanging out with her dog, and traveling to the beach.
What Our Patients Say