Hearing Assessment Center, LLC’s Lutherville, MD Office
Call Us Now
Call or text us now at 410-429-8699 or send in the form and get your questions answered.
1447 York Rd, Suite 312
Lutherville, MD 21093
Call or text: 410-429-8699
Monday – Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm
Schedule an appointment with our qualified Lutherville, MD audiologists for your hearing loss, hearing aids, or a hearing test.
Discover what we’ve accomplished for so many others in Lutherville, MD who were experiencing hearing loss. We can help you, too.
Hearing loss can feel isolating. But it doesn’t have to be that way. At our Lutherville, MD, location we’re more than just hearing aids. We can help you identify the cause of your hearing loss through hearing tests and a hearing health evaluation to determine what treatment options will work best for you.
Meet Our Team
Rory Cernik, Au.D.
CEO/President, Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Rory D. Cernik is our Director of Clinical Services at the Hearing Assessment Center. He has received extensive training from some of the brightest minds in audiology.Read more
During his doctoral training, he focused his research on the auditory system’s response to stimulation and deprivation. He was able to document that short-term deprivation, similar to hearing loss, altered the effectiveness of the auditory system. These studies serve as the foundation for what we now know today; that hearing loss, if left untreated, increases the likelihood of cognitive atrophy and decline. Dr. Cernik uses his research background and extensive training to properly diagnose and treat hearing loss in his community.
Often, patients will drive quite a few hours to spend time with Dr. Cernik. His passion is to properly educate his patients and rehabilitate the cognitive aspects of their hearing loss. He also practices general audiology. Dr. Cernik is currently seeing patients in our Lutherville location.
Expertise and Experiences
- Founder of Hearing Assessment Center in Maryland, a multi-location, multi-audiologist private practice that SERVES patients in Baltimore and surrounding areas
- His practice specializes in: the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, the brain’s auditory processing capability, tinnitus origins, and assessment of your cognitive load (meaning how hard your brain works to separate speech from background noise)
- Mentoring and training of doctoral students from local universities
- Interviewed on WBAL and WCBM; weekly Baltimore Hears You segments
- TV commercial, WBAL
- Mentored by world renowned tinnitus researchers and continually is recognized nationally by his peers
- Specializes in industrial audiology and worker’s compensation claims. He has examined hundreds of local fireman and police officers
- He has seen and impacted over 5000 lives in our community
- Specializes in pain free cerumen (ear wax) removal and maintenance
Donald A. Guillen, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Donald A. Guillen earned his doctorate from Towson University and completed his clinical fellowship at the Hearing Assessment Center under the tutelage of Dr. Rory Cernik.Read more
During his doctoral studies, his research focused heavily on the effect of degraded listening conditions (background noise and reverberation) on cochlear filtering as well as auditory brainstem encoding in normal and hearing impaired individuals. In particular, he was interested in understanding why hearing impaired individuals have a difficult time understanding speech in noisy environments while normal hearing individuals do not. He utilizes this in-depth understanding to properly treat hearing impairment clinically, as the applicability of this research is integral to the recommendations he makes on a daily basis. He now dedicates much of his time to the thorough evaluation and treatment of individuals with chronic tinnitus and hyperacusis. He has established himself in the community as a caring and well-versed tinnitus professional who has treated and assisted many of these individuals.
Dr. Guillen also thoroughly enjoys educating patients on the dangers of untreated hearing loss and serves as a Community Ambassador. He is passionate about the importance of addressing hearing loss. He frequently performs talks and provides hearing screenings at senior centers, local military retiree centers, hunting clubs, and other local organizations. Under this role, he has also had the privilege of assisting the international community through his work with the St. Clare Medical Outreach program, a Baltimore based program, which looks to lessen healthcare disparities between immigrants/refugees and the general population. Dr. Guillen has demonstrated a strong commitment to serving our local veterans and has taken on a leadership role in this area. Currently, Dr. Guillen is seeing patients in our Lutherville and Bel Air locations.
Expertise and Experiences
- Spanish-proficiency certification from the University of Alcalá de Henares in Madrid. Dr. Guillen is the only bilingual audiologist in the Baltimore Metro Area.
- Highly specialized in cerumen (ear wax) removal utilizing only non-abrasive methods to ensure a pain free experience.
- Specializes in industrial audiology and worker’s compensation claims. Has worked with numerous firefighters and police officers in the area, providing rehabilitative treatment to many of these individuals.
- Accredited provider for the Hear Now Foundation program.
- His professional interests and expertise include: tinnitus evaluation, tinnitus retraining therapy, the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, geriatric audiology, and cognitive hearing deficits and processing disorders.
What Our Patients Say