Meet the Team
Better hearing and a better quality of life can be yours for many years with the help of the right hearing professional. At Hearing Assessment Center, LLC, we pride ourselves on developing long-term relationships with our patients. Relationships based on unsurpassed personal service that begins the first time you walk through our doors and continues long after your initial appointment.
Rory Cernik, Au.D.
CEO/President, Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Rory D. Cernik is our Director of Clinical Services at the Hearing Assessment Center. He has received extensive training from some of the brightest minds in audiology. During his doctoral training, he focused his research on the auditory system’s response to stimulation and deprivation. He was able to document that short-term deprivation, similar to hearing loss, altered the effectiveness of the auditory system. These studies served as the foundation for what we now know today; that hearing loss, if left untreated, increases the likely of cognitive atrophy and decline. Dr. Cernik uses his research background and extensive training to properly diagnose and treat hearing loss in his community. Often, patients will drive quite a few hours to spend time with Dr. Cernik. His passion is to properly educate his patients and rehabilitate the cognitive aspects of their hearing loss. He also practices general audiology. Dr. Cernik is currently seeing patients in our Lutherville location.
Expertise and Experiences
- Founder of Hearing Assessment Center in Maryland, a multi-location, multi-audiologist private practice that SERVES patients in Baltimore and surrounding areas
- His practice specializes in: the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, the brain’s auditory processing capability, tinnitus origins, and assessment of your cognitive load (meaning how hard you brain works to separate speech from background noise)
- Mentoring and training of doctoral students from local universities
- Interviewed on WBAL and WCBM; weekly Baltimore Hears You segments
- TV commercial, WBAL
- Mentored by world renowned tinnitus researchers and continually is recognized nationally by his peers
- Specializes in industrial audiology and worker’s compensation claims. He has examined hundreds of local fireman and police officers
- He has seen and impacted over 5000 lives in our community
- Specializes in pain free cerumen (ear wax) removal and maintenance
Donald A. Guillen, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology
Donald A. Guillen, Au.D., earned his Doctor of Audiology degree from Towson University in 2016 and has completed his clinical fellowship year at the Hearing Assessment Center, LLC, under the supervision of Dr. Rory D. Cernik. Donald hopes to one day develop and implement a hearing-screening program for newborns in Nicaragua.
Katelyn Leitner, Au.D., F-AAA, CCC-A
Doctor of Audiology
Katelyn Leitner, Au.D., CCC-A, FAAA, earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in speech and hearing science from the University at Buffalo in 2011