Hearing loss is typically a gradual process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults hardly ever even consider scheduling an appointment. So why should your hearing be any less relevant than your eyesight?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing tested regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can reveal potential hearing problems. Do you regularly need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy environments? Are you continually turning up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you said yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing loss, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments provide a reference point for future hearing assessment comparisons, enabling you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing tests can discover problems early on, like earwax accumulation or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for quick treatment and preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can on occasion point to underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. If you do have one of these conditions, managing it might help your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Staying alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully engage in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can improve your general quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing exam with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.